The Possibilities Of Me

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Wk4 Publishing Leadership Project part 1 of 2: Think Out Loud – General Thoughts


Okay so today I am starting to think about this Leadership/Presentation Project. I need to research where and how I want to present this. I am not sure where to start but I will figure this out. I am passionate about the lack of self-esteem most at-risk youth seem to have. To tell you the truth it is not just at-risk youth. There is such a great mix of young people in the world who have a clue and are working towards their goals. Like trees in a forest, however, those thousand make it easy NOT to see the other thousand who aren’t finishing school, who struggle with life at home, and who don’t believe in themselves.

So my goal is to figure out how will I present my small attempt to help at least five of the thousands of at-risk youth that need direction in building their self-esteem, their self-worth, how to effectively use technology to help them through the process, and most importantly how to love life no matter what.

Since I don’t have a clue as yet to where I will focus as Professor DeLeon stated, “on getting the presentation completed first.” This AR was difficult and rewarding. It has a happy and a sad ending. Two of the boys took a bad turn, one to drinking, leaving home to live with the very parents the courts deemed unfit to properly raise him. The other just out of juvenile was arrested for attempted larceny and verbally resisting arrest and is now in jail awaiting court hearing. The third oldest young man just turned 18 but decided not to finish getting his GED but is working on joining Job Corp where they have programs to help him restart and possibly get a GED. The other two still have struggles with the adoptive parent primarily because they aren’t allowed to do what they want, their financial situation, and the lack of proper family counseling.

Through all of this I decided even if it’s just to volunteer that I will try to continue working with at-risk youth and help young adults learn professional etiquette and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment