The Possibilities Of Me

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Wk 2-1 Discussion Board Quickie: Music in my life

Briefly share how you use music in your personal life:


Music is the escape for my soul. Over the years I have fallen short and my memorization of artists, the year, and album title is getting a little fuzzy. But my grandmother was a gospel radio DJ back when they use track tapes and reel to reel, and LP’s, my uncle use to play for Dizzie Gillespie, and several other relatives in the music industry. I heard Spyro Gyra and fell in love with jazz. Before that I was studying Italian Opera. Regretfully I never followed my dream of going to Julliard and learning to master all the instruments. I did have a few years where I sang professionally in bands, recorded in the studio, did radio jingles, weddings, festivals, you name it, I performed there.

I have collected music every way possible. For a while I did P2P with Ares. I know but I don’t do it anymore. I still love having the actual album or CD. I mean using iTunes is great I have over 3000 songs on my MAC and that is not all of my music. But I like sitting on a quiet day with a glass of wine at night or a cup of tea in the morning and reading about the artist on the cover while listening.

I was always great at putting the right songs together. So if I had a friend that was down, I’d make a CD with just the right songs to cheer her up or help her get through. Even sad songs serve a purpose when you really open yourself up to listen, just listen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment