The Possibilities Of Me

Monday, October 4, 2010

BP4_Heritage Key

 

For this assignment I was asked to research a Web 2.0 tool. After researching this site I concluded that it would prove beneficial for the students I am studying for my Action Research Project. Heritage Key is wonderful site full of adventure. During the initial set up of your avatar you will then download and install the neccessary software. The sign in process is similar to Second Life. For Apple Macs you may experience issue with the graphic. So prepare to have to do some adjusting. It works great, however, with Microsoft PCs.

I really enjoyed Heritage Key I know your kids will also.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Web 2.0 tool, it is very cool, your write up feels like it is lacking, but the video more than makes up for it. I would suggest keeping the video shorter next time as more than 8 minutes makes it feel like it drags on a bit. I can't wait to see your next review.

    Karl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elaine, this is an exciting tool that I had not seen yet! I am already thinking of a variety of different ways I can use this in my classroom! As a speech teacher, I think it would be so cool to have the students plan their own virtual field trip and then share their discoveries with the class as a presentation with visual aid! If I talk to their social studies teachers, and plan it along with a unit of study they are working on, this would be an amazing cross-over activity that would support both of our curriculums! Thank you so much for sharing this! You always find such interesting tools!

    ReplyDelete