The Possibilities Of Me

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

wk1-2 Discussion Board Quickie


Topic #2: Tech in your workplace: How has your workplace kept up with tech or not kept up with tech? What kinds of tech things have you bought to use in your classroom/presentation? Please give examples (and have a little fun with the idea…).

I work for a third party company that pays the parent a stipend to hire me to work with their at-risk children. I decided to do my AR on the four, now five young men I work with since I lost my job in the business industry. I am a musician and they are young and talented rap artists. So I utilize Garageband to record beats to match their rap lyrics. Of course cell phones are a big part of our tech use for communication, since I am unable to monitor them at school or on a consistent basis at home.

In my Cycles I have also worked with the young men in creating video projects using iMovie, so we use the MacBook a lot. Although they make fun of me because I only own the old XBOX but when they come over for our weekly open rap talk sessions they do play my games, outdated and all.

1 comment:

  1. Comment from Alicia Westbrooks

    Hey Elaine,

    The reason I enrolled at Full Sail University was to learn to use technology and gain a better understanding of its purpose in my career as an Instructional Designer. For my action Research topic I am using a Xbox game system that I purchased in a Pawn shop. When I first brought it home my son wanted to sleep with it, now on occasion he complains that it is not up to date and he would like a newer one.

    But I have to say that it has served its purpose, as a family-bonding tool, but I rather invest in games that a new Xbox.

    Alicia Westbrooks

    I love to hear your comment on my Blog Post – Queen_World

    http://web.me.com/aliciawestbrooks/Queens_World/Queens_BLOG/Entries/2011/6/26_Media_ASSET_Creation_wk1-2_-_Discussion_Board_Quickies__DIY_Classroom_Presentation_Solutions.html

    ReplyDelete